Editor-in-Chief – Myroslav Pavliuk, Director of IGGCM NAS of Ukraine, Academician of NAS of Ukraine.
M. I. Pavlyuk is a specialist in the field of geology of combustible minerals, interconnections between formations, geological evolution of oil and gas potential, the development of the methods of formational and comparative-tectonic analyses aimed at predicting and appraising of oil and gas presence in concrete regions (the south and the west of Ukraine, water space of the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov and new weakly studied regions of the world, specifically the arctic Barents and Kara Seas). He was the first who executed the formational analysis of oil- and gas-bearing complexes of the southern part of Ukraine that is one of the trends of priority in modern geology and is of great theoretical and practical significance. In 1965, he graduated from the Geological Faculty of the Ivan Franko Lviv State University. Since 1965 he is working at the Institute of Geology and Geochemistry of Combustible Minerals of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine holding posts of engineer, senior engineer, junior scientific worker (1965-1970). From 1970 till 1973 he studied at a post-graduate course under the leadership of Academician H.N.Dolenko. In 1974, he defended his thesis for a Candidate’s degree on specialized field “Geotectonics”: “Special features of tectonics of the Central Black Sea area (in connection with oil and gas presence)”. From 1974 till 1983 he has held a post of scientific secretary of the institute, from 1987 till 1988 – a head of the laboratory of the problems of oil and gas presence in water spaces, from 1988 till now – a head of the department of oil and gas. In 1997, M.I.Pavlyuk defended his thesis for a Doctor’s degree “Mesozoic-Cainozoic evolution and oil-gas potential of the Sea of Azov-Black Sea shelf”. Since 1998, he holds a post of the deputy director for scientific work at the Institute of Geology and Geochemistry of Combustible Minerals, since 2000 – director of the Institute, Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine since 2006, professor on specialized field “Oil and Gas Geology” (2005), Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine since 2018. M.I.Pavlyuk is the author of more than 160 scientific works published in domestic and foreign publications, including 13 monographs. Main monographs of M.I.Pavlyuk’s authorship are: “Tectonics and formation of the area of junction of the East European Platform and the Scythian Plate” (1978); “Facies peculiarities of the Cretaceous deposits of the south of Ukraine” (1981); eological formations of oil- and gas-bearing provinces of Ukraine” (1984); “Geology of the shelf of UkrSSR” (1986); “Fault tectonics and oil-gas potential of Ukraine” (1989); “Geodynamics and oil-gas potential of the Arctic” (1993); “Pancardi: problems of evolution” (2004); “Oil and gas potential of riftogens” (2004); “Carpathian oil and gas province” (2004). M.I.Pavlyuk is constantly engaged in preparing scientific personnel of high qualification, four theses for a Candidate degree were defended under his leadership. At the Institute, the scientist has founded a new scientific school “Geodynamics of oil- and gas-bearing provinces”. He is the ead of the Academic Council on the problem “Geology and Geochemistry of Combustible Minerals”, the Editor-in-Chief of the journal “Geology and Geochemistry of Combustible Minerals”, the Editorial Member of the journal “Geodynamics”, the Chief of the Specialized Council for defence of theses for Doctor’s and Candidate’s degree at the Institute of Geology and Geochemistry of Combustible Minerals of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the member of the Bureau of the Western Scientific Centre (WSC) of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the head of the section “Earth’s sciences” of WSC, Academician of the Ukrainian Academy of Oil and Gas (UAOG) and the member of the Presidium of UAOG. In 2003, he was rewarded with the Medal for Labor Distinction.
Deputy Editor-in-Chief – Ihor Naumko, Head of the Department of Deep Fluid Geochemistry, IGGGM NAS of Ukraine, Doctor of Geological Sciences.
Executive Secretary – Myroslava Kozak, Head of the Scientific and Technical Information Sector of the IGGCM NAS of Ukraine.
Members of the editorial board
- Serhiy Hoshovsky, Director of UkrDGRI, Doctor of Technical Sciences;
- Konstiantin Hrihorchuk, acting Head of the Department of Sedimentology of the Provinces of Combustible Minerals of IGGCM NAS of Ukraine, Doctor of Geology ;
- Mykhailo Derkach, Deputy Director of Lvivtransgaz, Candidate of Technical Sciences;
- Danylo Dryhant, senior researcher at the State Museum of Natural History of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Geologyand Mineralogy;
- Mykola Yevdoshchuk, Head of the Coal Deposits Department of the Institute of Geological Survey of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Geology and Mineralogy;
- Bohdan Klyuk, President of UNGA, Candidate of Technical Sciences;
- Yuriy Koltun, Leading Researcher of the Department of Sedimentology of Combustible Mineral Provinces, Doctor of Geology, IGGCM NAS of Ukraine;
- Yuriy Krupsky, Professor of the Department of Geological and Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology, Faculty of Geology Lviv Ivan Franko National University., Doctor of Geology;
- Ihor Kurovets, Head of the Department of Petroleum Geophysics, IGGCM NAS of Ukraine, Candidate of Geology and Mineralogy;
- Yaroslav Lazaruk, Leading Research Fellow, Department of Oil and Gas Geology, IGGGK NAS of Ukraine, Doctor of Geology;
- Vyacheslav Lukinov, Deputy Director of the IGTM of the NAS of Ukraine, Doctor of Geology;
- Valentyn Maksymchuk, director of the Carpathian branch of the S.I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics, of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences;
- Andriy Poberezhskyy, Deputy Director for Research at the IGGCM of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Candidate of Geology and Mineralogy;
- Hryhoriy Rudko, Chairman of the State Commission of Ukraine on Mineral Reserves, Doctor of Geological-Mineralogical, Geographical, Technical Sciences;
- Orest Stupka, Head of the Department of Problems of Geology of the Carpathians of the IGGCM of the NAS of Ukraine, Doctor of Geology and Mineraloge, Professor;
- Vasyl Uziyuk, Professor of the Department of Historical Geology and Paleontology, Faculty of Geology, Lviv Ivan Franko National University, Doctor of Geology and Mineralogy, Professor;
- Myroslava Yakovenko, Scientific Secretary of the IGGCM NAS of Ukraine, Candidate of Geology.
- Anatoliy Makhnach, Chief Research Fellow of the Republican Unitary Enterprise “Belarusian Research Geological Exploration Institute”, Doctor of Geology and Mineralogy, Academician of the Belarusian Academy of Sciences, Professor;
- Tadeusz-Marek Perit, Doctor of Science, Professor, Polish State Geological Institute;
- Józef Khowanec, Doctor of Science, Professor, Carpathian Branch of the Polish State Geological Institute;
- Hans Schönlaub, Doctor of Science, Professor, Geological Survey of Austria (Vienna, Austria).